Vieques Island is located 8 miles (13 km) to the east of the Puerto Rican mainland, a short 20 minutes flight from San Juan International Airport (SJU). US Passports are not required for travel to Puerto Rico or Vieques Island from any US airport. Flight times average: 4 hours from New York or Boston, 4.5 hours from Chicago, 3.5 hours from Atlanta and 2 hours from Miami.
Vieques Airport (VQS) is accessible via San Juan International Airport (SJU) with direct connections on Cape Air and an estimated connecting flight time of 18 minutes. Major carriers, including American Airlines, Jet Blue, and Continental, provide interline service with transfer of luggage all the way through to Vieques.
- When booking travel on American Airlines, select "all carriers" under the "more flight search options" section on the homepage to view available Cape Air flight segments.
- For travel on Jet Blue, search "Vieques, PR (VQS)" for available connections.
- For travel on United Airlines, search "Vieques, PR (VQS)" for available connections.
- To book flight segments separately, contact Cape Air directly at www.flycapeair.com or 866-227-3247/ 508-771-6944 or Vieques Airlink at www.viequesairlink.com.
- Travel arrangements can also be made through Expedia and Orbitz.
Step off the plane in Vieques and receive a warm welcome at the private W Airport Lounge a selection of cool refreshments are presented in the W style. W Talent will care for luggage while guests await transportation to the Retreat. The drive to the Retreat is approximately 5 minutes.