HOW TO GET TO VIEQUES
Vieques, in full known as Isla de Vieques, is an island of Puerto Rico. Vieques Island lies about 8 miles (13 km) to the east of the Puerto Rican mainland, a short 20 minutes flight from San Juan International Airport (SJU). US Passports are not required for travel to Puerto Rico or Vieques Island from any US airport. Flight times average: 4 hours from New York or Boston, 4.5 hours from Chicago, 3.5 hours from Atlanta and 2 hours from Miami.
Vieques Airport (VQS) is accessible via San Juan International Airport (SJU) with direct connections on Cape Air and an estimated connecting flight time of 18 minutes. Major carriers, including American Airlines, Jet Blue, and Continental, provide interline service with transfer of luggage all the way through to Vieques.
- When booking travel on American Airlines, select "all carriers" under the "more flight search options" section on the homepage to view available Cape Air flight segments.
- For travel on Jet Blue, search "Vieques, PR (VQS)" for available connections.
- For travel on United Airlines, search "Vieques, PR (VQS)" for available connections.
- To book flight segments separately, contact Cape Air directly at www.flycapeair.com or 866-227-3247/ 508-771-6944 or Vieques Airlink at www.viequesairlink.com.
- Travel arrangements can also be made through Expedia and Orbitz.
Upon arrival at the Vieques airport, guests of W Retreat & Spa - Vieques Island will be picked up and escorted to the W Airport Lounge for refreshments and light fare. W Talent will care for luggage while guests await transportation to the Retreat. The drive to the Retreat is approximately 5 minutes.
Alternative to San Juan International (SJU)
ISLA GRANDE AIRPORT (Airport Code SIG) is a great alternative to SJU and offers direct service to Vieques from the heart of San Juan, perfect for travelers spending a night or two in the capital city. Flights from Isla Grande tend to be cheaper than San Juan International, and as a commuter airport, there is no TSA screening. The airport is a short taxi from most San Juan area hotels, and about a 20 minute/$20 taxi from San Juan International. Airlines that service Vieques from Isla Grande include Vieques Airlink (VAL), Air Sunshine, Seaborne, and M&N Aviation.