Your Music. Unleashed.
If you have passion for the art of DJing, this is for you. Join the two day DJ Retreat program, an exciting partnership brought to you by W Retreat & Spa – Vieques Island and DJ Dispensary. Learn the ins and outs of DJing with internationally acclaimed DJ Tutors, Matty Wainwright and Paul T.
COST PER PERSON: $150 per person per day.
- Participation in all activities listed on the program overview
- Live-streaming, recording and professional images of your original set
- DJ Dispensary Survival Bag including tote bag, headphones and certificate.
- All Access to Closing Party: Get ready to perform live in front of a crowd.
- One hour free flow mojitos during closing celebration
Daytime Session October 2
- DJ History
- Equipment familiarization
- Introduction to beat-matching
Nighttime Session October 2
- Sunset session with your International DJ Tutors
- Screening of 'Maestro' documentary charting the rise of Disco and its transformation to house music
Daytime Session October 3
- CDJ's In Depth
- Beat matching
- Beat structure & Pitch Control
- DJM In Depth
- Track structures
- Using EQ
Nighttime Session October 3
- CLOSING PARTY
- Your first DJ set in front of a live audience!
How to Book
Book your spot by calling 787 741 7077 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Spaces are limited. It is all about 1:1 time with the tutors.
To book your room, you may go to wvieques.com and book your preferred room package or special offer.
Meet the Tutors
DJ Matty Wainwright
Matty stirs up the melting pot of old and new by keeping true to his mantra – if it’s got the soul, it’s got the vote. Over the past 14 years he has played everywhere from Singapore, Bali, Mumbai and Abu-Dhabi to London, Ibiza and France. Playing alongside class acts such as James Lavelle (UNKLE), DJ Yoda, David Holmes, Jose Padilla, Pete Gooding, The Unabombers, Norman Jay and Rob Da Bank to name a few. Matty is working with Lenovo and MTV as DJ Mentor for the Asia wide project CO:LAB
DJ Paul T
Paul established himself several years ago as a respected DJ playing as a resident DJ for legendary British clubbing institution SHINDIG, which is acknowledged as one of the longest running club nights in the UK. As MDVC and in a solo capacity Paul has played alongside and continues to support artists such as Greg Wilson, OOFT!, The Revenge, Craig Smith, 6 Borough Project, Mark E, PBR Street Gang, Todd Terje, Faze Action, Hot Toddy, Crazy P, Richy Ahmed, Rub n Tug, Maxxi Sound System, Lee Foss, and many more with a mix of disco and groove-laced deep house